Friday, July 2, 2010

first day on the job

What do you do with a 10 year old only child? Rob's played the entertainer today- basketball at the park, mariokart, toy story 3... but we're like... what is he going to do on a day to day basis? How is he supposed to entertain himself? I guess we'll figure it out. The greatest concern I see is how much communication Rob and I will need to have, and being censored. By that I mean, anyone that knows us is aware that we love to joke around with each other and to others it seems like we're being mean to each other. We are weird, and we're having to tone that down a lot, because we are supposed to be a good example of a married couple. I feel like I can't be myself I guess, but I suppose I am going to have to change some things.

I am worried about messing up. I know we have to start out strict and then lighten up, but I want so much it to be the other way around. The only parenting book I have ever read had a whole chapter about accepting the fact that you are going to make mistakes. Good thing that kids are more adaptive and forgiving than adults.

I keep thinking how strange it must be to go to some random person's house to stay. It's like going to a slumber party without knowing anyone at the party. How awkward, I can't even begin to imagine how I would feel.

I have been ready to cry all day, because I see how dependent I am going to have to be on the Lord for wisdom, for everything, even the smallest of decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment